2020 was the year earmarked for a lot of big breaks. Water returned under the bridges of Cape Town’s streets, inviting tourists back and encouraging hoteliers that better days were on the horizon. 2020 was the year protel’s latest voice-enabled PMS hit the market – a spectacularly crafted system for improved operational efficiencies and well-thought-out features and functions with the modern traveler in mind and the infrastructure to support the latest trends in travel tech.
We moved offices, we looked up at the mountains and we were ready for an epic year of challenges and rewards. And what has changed?
COVID19 changed things dramatically for our industry. It upended hundreds of years of expectations for the industry: that hotels would always have guests and movement would always remain unrestricted. This coronavirus changed everything. But still, we face a mountain of challenges and rewards. These simply look different.
What does it mean for us?
Is it business as usual, or business unusual: the answer is less polarised than we’d like. It’s the business of the day that prevails. As Tito Mboweni said: “Winning is not easy”.
This will still be our best year yet if we have survived and we plan to. “The best of times” and most certainly among the worst, on the tight rope of getting ahead it’s do or die.
We believe now is the time for a change, for a real revolution in our industry. Now is the time to look to the future and consider real solutions in cost reduction and the application of smarter technologies in hospitality. Tried and trusted simply won’t do.
Here it is, our new 2020 mantra and vision:
5 reasons we’ll get ahead of the curve:
- We’re Tourism Strong and Proudly South African – we’ll support you with the best solutions hotel technology can offer you
- We’ve been leaders in the PMS and POS industry for decades and we won’t stop developing to keep releasing industry 1sts
- We’re invested in the future – technology as the leading force of hospitality
- We can offer you the very best in affordable cloud solutions and you can leave your dinosaurs in the dust – we’ll leave legacy where it belongs, in the past
- We’re flexible – we’re here to work out ways to get ahead with you, we see beyond COVID19